Monday, May 19, 2008

Religion...

Now that I have your attention...

We went to a baptism yesterday and the Priest had something very interesting to say and I couldn't agree more. He was talking about the importance of leading by example when it comes to your beliefs and behaviors. If you want your children to be children of God and maintain these thoughts/beliefs/behaviors through life, you need to do this at home. Go to church, read the Bible, say prayers before eating and bed time...

Well, that got me thinking. I want Rachel to be strong in her faith! We pray before meals and I have to say, it is so cute how Rachel will even remind us to pray if we forget. Now mind you, I think that she is only paying attention so she knows when to yell "Amen!" We go to church on Sunday and have become more active in other church activities. We say nightly prayers before bed time with her and we sing the classic songs "Jesus Loves Me" and "B-I-B-L-E." I love that she recognizes all of this and it makes me feel really proud!

So, here is my down fall. We rarely read the Bible at home. So, this is my new task: Find a Bible study that we can do as a family and add that to part of our daily/weekly routines. There, I said it. Now I need to stick with this!

Ok, on another note...SWING SET. Jamie is making progress but with the off and on rain and other weekend activities we had planned. Hopefully it will be done this evening!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its great that you have Rachel so involved with God/Church. I think a bible study would be cool. I was looking though my bible the other week looking for readings for the wedding and it blows my mind how much info there is in it and how pathetic it was that I had to try to figure out how to find certain scripture!