Have you ever heard of GPC? Well, I have it. It stands for Giant Papillary Conjuntivitis. So, here is the story. For some time now I have been having issues with my contacts. When I wear them, I ofter have to take them out after wearing them for as little as a couple of hours or sometimes I can get 5 hours out of them. It has been rare that I can wear my contacts for 12 hours straight. So, after much frustration I had decided to go back to the eye doctor. So that brings me to today, at which point he said that I have GPC. If you can stand to look...this is what the under side of my eye lid looks like... Essentially, it is little white bumps on my eye lid that cause an irritation and grip my contact causing it to slide off of my eye.
http://www.revoptom.com/HANDBOOK/SECT16a.HTM
So, this kind of has me scared. For now I have 2 different eye drops that I have to use a few times a day. I go back to the dr in a month. After doing some research, it is possible that this may not go away and that I have to go back to wearing glasses. Lasik may be an option, but I am scared of doing that. It always crosses my mind about going blind. And, not to mention the cost. The office my dr refers patients to costs $1700 per eye. Yikes.
On another dr note...I took Rachel to the dr today. TMI...but she has been having stinky urine. This does not happen all of the time, but at times it has a strong ammonia smell. So, they had to do a catheter to get a sample. I should know tomorrow what they find. The dr did say that the sample looked pretty cloudy, so there my be so kind of infection. I pray that she is ok!
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
GPC...
Posted by Melissa-And-My-Family at 10:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You guys are a mess- just kidding! I'm sure everything will be okay & I will pray for both of you. I'm glad that you found out what was wrong with your eyes so you can get it taken care of. Love ya!
Wow that is horrible about your eyes! There is nothing worse than having irritated eyes. I hope it goes away for you and I hope everything is ok with Rachel!
Your poor eyes. I hope that you make a full recovery!!!!
Hugs for Rachael and that the Doc finds nothing serious.
Oh my goodness, girl! I thought you get more healthy when you aren't dealing with work/daycare?! ; ) You know, I am the same way about lasik. I just worry that I would be that one person...I know, it's a little insane and probably worry over nothing. Well, take it easy this weekend and get better!
Post a Comment