Ok, so I did this on Monday and actually wrote it then as well, but I wanted to upload a photo of all the stuff to show you. Well, I have not had a chance to download our camera. So, for now...here you have it.
What a steal….I mean deal!?!?!?!?!?!?
I am a new bargain shopper! Have you ever heard of people playing the CVS game and really maximizing those Extra Care Bucks. Well, I had done some reading on-line and my friend Lisa talked me in to giving it a shot. Sure you have to spend money, but you can save a ton. The key here is to only buy things that you need or will need in the future, so you aren’t really overspending. Now, I know what you are thinking…CVS is over priced for a lot of things and in so many cases, they are. That is why you have to watch the weekly and monthly flyers and clip coupons out of the newspaper on the weekend. So, here is the scoop…
At CVS I did 2 transactions. Transaction 1 looked like this:
2L of Coke $0.99 (saved .70 from orig price)
2L of Coke Zero $0.99 (saved .70 from orig price)
Bottle Deposits $0.20
Neo to Go Spray $5.50 (saved .99 from orig price)
Dora Bandaid $2.99 (saved .30 from orig price)
2 Aveeno Baby Lotion $7.98 (saved 3.40 from orig price)
2 Listerine Mouth Wash $8.00 (saved $1.98 from orig price)
Now, I used my coupons:
-.50 Bandaid
-.50 Listerine
-.50 Listerine
-.75 for Aveeno Baby Lotion
-1.00 Neosporin
-5.00 CVS Extra Care Bucks that I go for swiping my card at the reader when I went in the store
So, for the above stuff, my total came to $19.57. In return, I got $10 in ECB for purchasing $20 worth of selected Johnsons & Johnsons products (the Listerine, Neosporin, and Lotion) and $2ECB for the bandaid purchase. I also got another $5 off an order of $25.
My 2nd transaction looked like this:
2 V05 Shampoo $1.50 (saved .48 from orig price)
2 V05 Conditioner $1.50 (saved .48 from orig price)
24 bottles of Dasani Water $3.99
2 Palmolive Dish Liquids (BOGO Free) $1.59 (saved 1.59 on the free item)
8 rolls of papertowl $4.99 (saved 3.00 – I was supposed to get Scotts because it was on sale, but since they were out, the guy let me get bounty)
Coupons:
-10.00 ECB
-2.00 ECB
-.25 for the Palmolive soap
-.25 for the Palmolive soap
-1.00 for the papertowels
So, when it all rang up and with the coupons and ECB, my total came to $0.07. Yes, you are reading that correctly…..And I cleaned my wallet out and used 7 pennies!!!
So my CVS total came to $19.64!!! But, I saved $35.57!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, I went to Rite Aid…
9 Speed Stick Deoderants $8.91 (saved at least 1.80 per depderant) – On sale for .99ea
4 Coke 2L $5 (saved 0.24 per bottle) – on sale for 1.25ea
Bottle Return $0.40
2 3 packs of Irish Spring Soap $1.98 (saved 1.80 per 3 pack) – On sale for .99ea
2 Colgate Toothpaste $1.98 (saved 1.80 per tube) – On sale for .99ea
Coupons:
-1.00 Speedstick
-1.00 Speedstick
-.75 speedstick
-.75 speedstick
-.30 irish spring soap
-.30 irish spring soap
- .50 toothpaste
-.50 toothpaste
-1.00 for coke products
My total came to $12.95!!! But, I saved $34.06!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, so for going to these 2 stores, I spent a whopping total of $32.59…….
AND I SAVED $69.63!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I should also note that all of the coupons I used (except for the Aveeno Baby Lotion) I got out of Sunday’s paper. I had 2 of a lot of them, because I raided my dad’s paper as well!!! Now, I don’t usually use V05 shampoo, but heck I will give it a try, or if I don’t like it I could give the other bottles to church when they do different gift baskets for the needy. I love Aveeno lotion and Rachel and I use the baby lotion every day! The deodorant is a new type for me, but with the deal I found, I will use it!!! We needed the pop for Rachel’s birthday party…Let’s just say this, nothing I bought will not get put to good use.
In closing, I know that these stores can be more expensive that Meijers and Targets, but NOT THAT MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE!!!
So, is this cool….or what?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
The Money Saver...
Posted by Melissa-And-My-Family at 1:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Good Job!
OMG, you are nuts. I will be updating my blog when I do the same thing next week, though. You do what you gotta' do. You can always stick the stuff you don't want into a basket and give it to Michele for her shower gift!
Alison
Alison - I like the way you think!!!
i wish i had the brain to sit and figure that all out...or space to store stuff but its far too much for my brain....good job though!
Alison - Your comment just made me bust out laughing and made my Co-worker just ask if I was losing it LOL
FUNNY!
Post a Comment