It has been a fun and crazy weekend!
Friday during the day, I went to the Wave Pool with my cousin Heather and her kids. It was a super hot day, but all the better to be having fun in a kiddie splash area and lazy river! Then, in the evening, I went scrapbooking with friends Alison, Michele, and Shelley. Had a blast, but realized that my pages STINK. I said it then and I will say it now, I am going for quantity, not quality. But, can't a girl have it all? I want super nice pages too!!!! Oh well! When are we going to plan our next event for? I will even host it at my house if we don't want to spend the $$$ to go out!
Saturday was my birthday. Can you believe it? I had a wonderful day! We spent most of the day at Greenfield Village walking around and then we went to visit Jamie's Grandma in the hospital. (For those of you who may not know this...she is who Rachel is named after and is 93 years old.) Well, she has pneumonia, a blood infection and a UTI. It was very nice to see her, despite the circumstances. Then, on our way home, we stopped at Sterling Fest for a short visit to explore the Art Show. Nothing too exciting there. Then, back home to enjoy my birthday cake hand crafted by Jamie. He did a great job!!!
Today was filled with housework...clean the kitchen, do dishes, rearrange part of Rachel's room, cut the grass... We have a big push to get some stuff done before Tuesday...when we celebrate Rachel's 2nd birthday.
Yes, that is correct. She is turning 2. I can't believe how quickly time flies by. I told Jamie that celebrating my birthday now takes my back to not being a child, but rather being pregnant waiting for my sweet little girl to make her grand appearance.
Thank you Lord for this sweet and precious little girl. She is the sweetest gift of love!
Sunday, August 3, 2008
What's New?
Posted by Melissa-And-My-Family at 4:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm glad you had a great Birthday!
glad you enjoyed your day....i am up for cropping at I Luv Scrapbooking again on Friday, Aug 22nd if anyone is interested....
Happy b-day again!
I would consider the 22nd...let me talk to Jamie.
sounds good! i can let kathy know too.
Hi Melissa, I am sorry to hear that Jamie's grandma is sick. I hope she feels better soon. We had a really nice time at Rachel's party. It was a very special evening. Talk to you soon. Love, Colleen
Post a Comment