This little girl warms my heart like no other. Just yesterday, when I said “I love you” she would respond back with “Wuv you.” My heart just melted! It is amazing how her sweet little words can do that! So, what is Rachel doing these days? She is saying phrases such as “I want cookie” and “I see you.” She is a fruit eating fanatic. Her new found favorite is grapes. She loves reading books. There is not a particular favorite book right now…so all of them win!
So, what's new today...Went to the gym and got my 5k training in. All is well there, but my shins are starting to hurt some. Went to Jo-Ann Etc and manager to get out of there for $21! How you ask....use a $20 gift card from Christmas. (This is my trip that I wanted to make yesterday, but did not want to fight the wind...BTW...we lost power for a 1/2 hour.) So, I got the stuff to make the garden stone and the jewels to decorate it. Then, I managed to buy all sorts of scrapbooking accessories! I am getting excited for this weekend!!!
Well, off to take my afternoon nap...literally. Once a week, if Rachel will let me, I sit down and hold her while she naps. And yes, I occasionally doze! Babies are only small once and she is getting so big, so any chance she and I get to snuggle I take full advantage of that. (Note to Jamie: If you are reading this, I don't really take a nap. I am visualizing how I am going to get the housework done. Its a focusing tactic on my end! :>)
Lastly, can you believe it...I wrote again!
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
My Sweet Rachel!
Posted by Melissa-And-My-Family at 12:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
if you can get it all done and take a nap, go for it...i normally take at least one on the weekend...
and don't ya just love it when the babes come up with these random "awe" moments...at the dinner table last night...ashleigh just leaned over the table and gave me a kiss...awe...
I'm with you on just sitting there holding them. I would even try not to watch tv while doing it on maternity leave. But don't worry, there's still plenty of snuggling when they are older. They fight over who gets to sit by me sometimes!
Alison
Post a Comment