Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I am not the "fun" Mommy!

Ok, I can be fun, but not messy painting fun. I have had Rachel paint as a craft twice at home. Well, today we went to a friend's house today (Kristen) and Rachel and her daughter (Zoe) got to paint. Rachel had such a blast. Clearly, I am not that fun and I need to be. Perhaps Rachel will get some crafty stuff for Christmas.

On a positive note, Rachel will love craft time when she goes to preschool. Maybe I am doing her a favor. Perhaps I am creating someone that will really appreciate art when she goes to school. Ok, probably not, but it was worth a shot!

Kristen - If you are reading this, thanks for lunch. It was great!!!

3 comments:

Sweet Pea said...

i'm right there with ya melissa....ashleigh and maddigan make the mess when i'm at work with all that stuff...then i hear 'dad let's me do it'....so i'm not the fun one either....

Anonymous said...

I hate crafts at home. I'm not a fun mom either. But I make up for it with zoo trips and they get more exercise. Whateva!

Alison

Anonymous said...

P.S. But I want to be that mom who does crafts at home. *sigh*